Friday, May 2, 2008

Quarantined

We have become isolated from the outside world, stuck in a messy house with sickly ragamuffins striking a whirlwind of chaos in every room! They feel great-mom feels worn out-so why are we quarantined to the house? Conjuntivitis! Allison picked it up last week-no big deal, everyone gets it, it goes away after you start the Rx eyedrops. 24 hour later it's no longer contagious and the symptoms go away! Not this time! Here is how our trainwreck of pink eye has disrupted our well being:

On Sunday Allison's eye was glued shut with crusty eye bugers and goopey slimey pus. We stay home from church (I had just been asked to teach a primary class and had to call last minute to bail out) and start the Rx eye drops the Doc called in for us. Monday she wakes up with both eyes infected! Tuesday I wake up with pus gooping out of one of my eyes. Thankfully Eric had some drops from a previous infection I could use so I didn't have to pay $ we don't have to get it taken care of. Allison's eyes are worse after 2 full days of administering eyedrops. Her eye whites look like blisters! Wednesday I wake up with both eyes infected dispite my absolutely abstaining from touching it in any way! I call up this herbalist in the Stake who claimed she had some herbal eyedrops that works wonders with pink eye. So Eric drives me the 26 miles to her house (i can't see a thing since I can't wear my contact lenses and Allison broke both of my eyeglasses) and I purchase them from her. That evenening my eyes felt sooooo much better! Thursday morning-Kallyn's turn!!!! By the end of the day both of her eyes are red and swollen. I couldn't go to a dear friends funeral because I woke up with the blistered whites. Allison was still swollen, red and goopey. So now it's Friday -6 days of eye drops for Allison- and still her eyes are red, all three of us had sealed pussy eyes, and I am so ready to get out of here!!!!!!!!!!

Now that that is out of the way, I think we are on the mend. It seems to be a cycle.
: day 1-infection in one eye, 2-spreads to both, 3-blistering whites, 4-swollen, red, pussy, 5-slightly swollen, red, not quite as pussy, 6-red. Maybe tomorrow will show day 7-BETTER. Only I am on day 4 and Kallyn is on day 2. So we have 5 more days of staying home- unless Eric gets it too! With this pattern it looks like he'll get it on....( Allison-Sunday, Me-Tuesday, Kallyn-Thursday)......Saturday. Tomorrow! But in high hopes, we will plan on Kallyn being the caboose of our conjunctivitis catasrophy! So we hope to see you all again soon (5 days- Singingtime on Wednesday- here we come!)

1 comment:

carrie said...

Sickness is AWFUL! We wish you the best!