Thursday, May 22, 2008

Day 4, Thursday- National Zoo and dinner with Eric's classmates

On Thursday we checked out the National Zoo with Michelle and her kids. It was a nice walk from the metro, but it there was a nice breeze that made it easy to enjoy it. We got to see both the panda bears. Lucky us! I heard that it is rare to see one since they are so shy and reclusive. And we saw both! I didn't get any pictures of them . I don't know why-maybe because I was so busy scolding Kallyn for her major fit-throwing contest between her and Bug. But otherwise the Zoo was beautiful and hardly crowded at all. The only thing that I did not like about the zoo was the hill it is on. I heard that it was sloped, but I was not ready to climb a mountian to get back out! It was guite the workout! My arms were so sore the next day from pushing the stroller.
Feeding time!


In front of the Otters. I love Bugs tongue!


In front of the Pandas. Lexi getting a bear hug and Kallyn is on top of the world!


After the Zoo the kids had fun playing on Michelle's deck.

Thursday night Eric's class had Dinner reservations with a congressman, but we couldn't find a place to park the van and we were late and passed him unknowingly in the hallway on the way to the dinner. We made it in time for the food and fun with his classmates.
Thanks Michelle for watching the girls for us!

No comments: