Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day 2, Tuesday -National Museum of Natural History, National Air and Space Museum

Our day started out kind of crazy and stressful. I got off the right metro stop, but I had to take the elevator up to the street b/c of the stroller. When we stepped out of the elevator I was completely clueless as to where I was! I searched my backpack for the metro map, but I couldn't find it. So I started walking towards a crowded street corner -wrong way! Once I was pointed in the right direction there were guys that wouldn't let me cross the street because of the stroller. I had to take the handicap ramp down the other end of the street. Making a long lost story shorter DC is not very handicap accessible! I ended up back tracking 4 times and having to walk aroung the entire Museum of Natural History building (which is not a small building at all!) But I eventually found Michelle who waited forever for me to meet her and we had a great day site-seeing together.




Kallyn and Lexi learning about bugs.






A glimpse at the Hope Diamond.






Allison going crazy over all the animals.






Except she was NOT crazy about the bear. Best hug I'd had all day!






Love the pose!






This is a beautiful fountain pool we stumbled upon on our way to the Air and Space Museum. The kids had way too much fun!








Hi Jace! What a sweet way to tour DC - In a backpack! No need to take the elevators or ramps! Smart thinking Michelle!




On the Mall between the Capitol Building and the National Monument. It was a great cloudy day with just a few rain sprinkles to keep us cool.


Above- Capitol Building, Below- Monument





Playing with Rainbows at the Air and Space Museum




In the Air and Space Museum there were lots of big airplanes that were "Awesome" as Kallyn kept saying. We tried so hard to get jace to say it, but I think he thought our efforts to get him to say it was much more "Awesome"!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I love the bearhug picture too! Allison's expression is great.