Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Organ Stop Pizza


Dad treated us to one of the family's favorite live entertainment and pizza place on Saturday after the Airshow. Organ Stop is quite the eating experience! Expensive for cardboard pizza, but worth the music. What a cool place! Our performer for the night took our request for "Flight of the Bumblebee" and "Phantom of the Opera". He also played the theme from "Star Wars". Pretty cool! I was so amazed at the size of the organ and all the pipes. I think that it is the World's largest Wurlitzer Theatre organ. Wow! The stage actually revolved around to let all the onlookers watch the organist play. There were chambers behind glass curtains that had all the pipes and music instruments so everyone could watch. And the lighting effect! So cool. They added the dramatic atmmosphere. He played "Under the Sea" and there were actually bubbles coming down from the ceiling fans.


Here is a video I took. It was super loud and the lights were dim, but you can see how exravagantly detailed the organ was. It is part of Star Wars, but you really can't tell. The Second clip is the end of star wars. It is much longer, but you can see the chambers in the back and the glass curtain. The lights are also blaring in the last clip.


3 comments:

Melanie said...

I've never heard of anything quite like that! Looks like fun!

Madsen Family said...

Looks like you are having a great vacation! Enjoy the warm weather! Landon will be excited to see his buddies when you get back! :)

Our Pratt Pack said...

We used to have an old guy playing an organ at our Papa's Pizza I loved it! You've been a busy blogger I'm so glad you guys are having so much fun. Can't wait for you to get back!!