Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Janalee and Grandma Marilyn

The last time I spent my birthday with my grandmother (I was born on her 50th birthday, January 24, 1983) I think was when I turned 11. After 14 years of phone calls and birthday cards in the mail We finally got to celebrate "our day" together. For our birthday gift my mom flew me to AZ where grandma and grandpa would be staying for a week over her birthday for grandpa's amatuer model airplane show. She had no idea I would be coming with my girls. Oh she was so thrilled to see my mom walk in and put Kallyn on her lap (she was asleep, Allison was, too). Mom and Dad just left for an errand they had to do real quick and I walk in door. I have missed her so much and I really enjoyed being able to spend "our day" together, finally!

We had hamburgers for dinner. With banana splits instead of birthday cake. Brian and Heather came over and we surprised them, too! Heather is having a little girl due in March-Kiya Mackenzie. It was great to get to know her better.

Eric called us and sang "Happy Birthday" over the phone. And Marisa had some friends come over to sing to us also. We spent most of the day playing the piano and singing along with each other.

This is the only family pic I have from that day. There are my 2 brothers. Brian and Heather are on the couch and Cameron is on the floor. 2 of my sisters are also on the couch. Stephanie is the one on the phone texting her BF Mitch most likely. Marisa is the baby of the family and is next to Brian. Boy do I miss the days when we all just gathered together in the familyroom and hung out!



Here are some more pics. Marisa is quite the little mommy. Our family is going to be quite blessed to have such a fun and caring aunt to play with the little ones.


Bug found my old baby dolls.

Our little fairy princess. Kallyn is holding the wand we made on the airplane and she found the dressup box. Can you tell?


Our much sought after Aunt Debbie. Always getting my girls to use their imaginations. They are pretending to sleep in their tent.


No comments: