Friday, December 14, 2007

Little Lamb for the nativity

The ward Christmas party was very special this year. It was a lot of fun and even though I was suckered into wearing the living room drapes and my bath robe, I didn't miss the traditional winter crafts, the caroling games and candy canes, the silly program, and the visit from Santa. This year in our new ward the new hit theme was a night in Bethlehem. I went to a similar Christmas Party in my Parent's ward last year. This was a much better turnout! There was hardly any room to place our blanket. And forget about space for the pregnant Mary and her Husband! They had a hard time making their way to the stable for the program! It was all very effective! The food was WONDERFUL and the whole atmosphere was magical!
Kallyn and Bug were supposed to be in the flock of sheep with their nursery leaders the shepherds. Bug was a little frightened so it ended up just being Kallyn, but she sat up on the stage under the stable the whole program. She was very reverent and she enjoyed all the smiles and waves from the friendly audience! And she even got to sing Away In A Manger. She LOVES that song.
When we got home she had to recreate the manger scene on her Weebles castle. She got a sheet of stickers from one of the merchant booths at the church. This is her little Nativity this year. Mom, we really miss your Fisher Price Nativity!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's so sweet! I think Amy and I used to do that since my mom's nativity set was very breakable. Kallyn is very creative!

Love,
Kyra