We have a wall problem in the girls room. You see, before today's modern drywall the walls of these ancient houses are made with a mixture of mud and horse hair. After time (given 7 decades or even up to a century) the walls become brittle and they crumble at any touch. Well, that said, the wall in the girls room is crumbling - right next to their bed and I'm sure you can guess why. Allison picks at the wall when she is bored and unwilling to fall asleep. Tonight I caught her pick a HUGE piece off the wall and I heard it fall to the underside of her bed heaping onto the mound of rubble already there. I quickly pulled her out of the bed and informed her that she could no longer sleep on a bed and that she had to sleep on the floor away from any walls. Following her fit of objection I yelled (a few decibels more than I should have) "It has never been OK to pick at the walls... Why on earth did you think it was OK to do it tonight and make a big hole?" In which she replied in a timid little tiny voice and with tears streaming down her face "Because I'm three".
So, Because she's three and mommy loves her tremendously for reminding her, Kallyn is back on the bed next to the wall and Allison is on the mattress on the floor where she feels the freedom to get out of bed and run amuck whenever she wants. She is now at this moment jumping from her mattress to the dresser and keeping Brielle awake. So, which is better? A crumbling wall exposing who knows what poisonous ancient matter into the air my girls breath all night long, or a terror toddler on the loose?
No comments:
Post a Comment