Thursday, July 31, 2008

I hate last minute "Change of Plans"



Life is full of challenges and unplanned collisions of circumstances. For example: My challenge lately has been relocating from one house to another while desperately missing Eric who was in Ireland all month. Now that the "Moving week" is here he is is Atlanta and Chicago for some interviews at job fairs. Throw in the 2 toddlers who are super desperately missing their daddy and you get a big challenge, yes? So the unplanned collision of circumstances? We were planning to pick up a u-haul truck Friday night, pack up early Saturday morning after Eric is home and unlaod all our stuff at the new place late afternoon. You ready for the collision? There is a HUGE city event all day Saturday - a major cycling race! The finish line is basically my front yard! This means NO DRIVING and NO PARKING on the road where my house is!


I juggled with the decision to be made- move Friday night, or change reservations with a possible increase in fees and move Saturday night. The races are supposed to be done around 6 PM. So I called U-Haul and they said it didn't matter when we picked up the truck so I decided Saturday night.


This actually all works out great! We have a family in the ward that is moving accross town and another family moving into the ward, both in the morning. Now Eric can help out where he can in the morning and hopefully everyone else won't be to tired and will help us move in the evening. Now if I can just get everything packed up and cleaned before everything goes crazy again!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Packing is stressful enough let alone having a closed road...even the littlest of things is a huge deal when you're packing. I hope everything goes as planned, sorry we are not there to help!

FOUST said...

K wish I was there to help pack and clean my favorite part!!
That is halarious girl! but sounds like it worked out perfect after all.
I wish you all the very best!

Halley said...

I am so sorry Janalee, what a crazy summer! Jared will for sure be their to help with the move!

Nathan Goodson said...

Believe me...I know what a pain packing and moving is. That sucks about the bike race. I'm so sorry to hear about that kink in your plans. Darn Eric being gone all the time. At least he's trying to do something productive.;)