Monday, March 31, 2008

New England Bowling

So bowling out here is VERY different than what I am used to. It's called Candle pin bowling and it is actually very fun! I think the hardest part was remembering to bowl 3 times each frame instead of only twice. And you have to enter the score and clear the lane manually (push the button when your frame is done) but then you can try to hit the fallen pins to spin them into the remaining pins. I actually won! I've never even been close to winning before!!!!!!! Maybe because the bowling balls are usually too heavy or my fingers get stuck and mess up my bowl! Even Allison could bowl by herself!





Usually you only get three balls for you lane. Can you count all 13 balls in this picture? A few of them were on their way back. They would hit into a pin and bounce back they were rolling so slow. We had to wait like 5 times for an employee to come and bring in all the standstill balls that would jam up the return contraption. But the girls had fun. Can you tell?





1 comment:

Our Pratt Pack said...

What a great idea! I remember being ticked when we moved out because I wouldn't get to go reg bowling, I never thought that this would actually be easier for the kids. We'll have to try it!