Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Super Milestone! 100th post.

I thought that a response to Dee's tagging me would be a great memorable post. At least it would bring back a lot of memories. So the tag is that you post your ten favorite photos. Super impossible for me and maybe boring for others. But this is a family journal and I think that it would be great for my kids to see some of my favorite moments on camera. Of course there are more then 10. Sorry! I tag anyone who wants it!


From these two pictures (above and below)you can really tell I was a little mischevieous imp. While my mom was doing the "Potty-training" with my older brother Brian (20 months older) I clued into the "No more cloth diapers and just do in the toilet" first. I guess I didn't understand how the toilet paper fit into the plot. Below is one of the many pictures of me with mud on my face. If there was a puddle or even hint of wet dirt I was playing in it (along side my brother or sister)



I have many fond memories of camping. This is my brother and I in my grandpa's camper that he built himself. We are in the little nook right above the cab of his truck. It was our favorite place to ride because we could watch the road out of the little windows and feel like we were flying above the truck.


Oh I loved it when it rained while we were camping. I'm sure my mom didn't. I like this picture because it is the closest snapshot of me that looks even remotely close to Bug-a-loo.


My Grandpa would bring his motorcycles and he'd give each of us a ride around the campgrounds.




What are those things in my daddy's hair? Yup! A perm. Big Hair! I guess that dates me.



I'd like to think that Kallyn got her passion for coloring from me. I see her coloring exaclty like this all the time. We went to the mall to find a dress for me for Barrister's Ball next month and we walked into B. Moss, a dress store, and they had a child's table with crayons and coloring pages. Now everytime we go to the store she begs to go back to the "coloring store". Oh I wish I could shop there on a weekly basis. Actually, it's more like I wish my weekly Wal-Mart grocery shopping trip provided a coloring table while I shopped!


This is my sister Becca. I post this picture not to embarass her, but to show my kids where they got their love of butter from. We used to call her "Butter Princess" and now the nickname can be handed down to my girls. I have to keep the sticks of butter frozen so they can't eat it as fast. Instead we use the butter spray and I have to hide it up out of reach or they suck all the butter out! Ewe gross!!!




Kallyn does this same thing. She started walking on her curled toes and I have no idea where she learned it! I certainly can't do it anymore. I used to think that it was how you practiced to be a ballerina. My sisters and I would make people crinch when we walked like this over the heat vents, or on the cement driveways.


I loved Rainbow Brite! I got a Rainbow Brite book when I was little and my mom still has it. While we were in AZ last month the girls found it and Allison would find the sprite "Twink" on every page. Maybe we'll try it for Halloween this year!



Uh oh! I'd like to blame my evil twin for convincing me that waking up in the middle of the night to sneak into my mom's bathroom and steal her lipstick wouldn't get me into trouble! Actually the only thing I remember about this picture was that it was dark in my room and suddenly the lights are flipped and I find that there is lipstick all over the bed! Suddenly I'm whisked into the bathroom across the hall and my mom and dad have that "What the Heck?" look on their faces. They show me my face in the mirror and I'm thinking "how did that happen"? I bet my evil twin did it while I was sleeping! How often do you get such tears and a smile in the same picture?



We had many Payne family reunions on Canon Beach on the Oregon coast. I will always remember my Aunt Julie and her excitement for having fun and being a kid. I'm in yellow, Becca's in red, Debbie's in green and my Aunt Julie's in the sweatshirt and shorts. This was before Uncle Ben Paz swept her off her feet and made her become "super not single anymore", although she was and is still just as fun and exciting!




I call this the Utah Clan. It was the 5 of us that were born in Utah and lived in Orem before my dad was transferred to New Mexico. I remember we had a puzzle of the United States that had a picture of a pueblo building on the NM state piece. The windows made it look like a monster's face. My brother was convinced that it was the jail where all the bad guys would hide. So when I found out we were moving there I kind of freaked out. I wonder why? I was mugged in an Albertson's parking lot 4 months before moving here.
Stephanie was the baby, then left to right-Deborah, Janalee, Brian, Rebecca


I don't think anyone would ever believe that I got to play a boy in a musical. So here's a picture. My junior year I auditioned for any part in the musical production "Oliver". I was asked if I would cut my hair. Knowing everyone was asked the same question I replied I would if the part was worth it. So I got on the call back list and they had me sing all of Nancy's parts and dialogs. When I saw my name on the final cast list next to "The Artful Dodger" I thought "Oh crap! I have to cut my hair!" But I had so much fun playing the part and picking up the cockney accent. My sister and best friend Robyn Sampson were orphan boys and we had a great time ruccousing about like rowdy boys. It was a lot easier than I thought.



I hated my short hair and I had no idea how to do it so I did the worst thing ever! I permed it! Yup, took after my dad! Here's a shot of the the frizzy ugly moptop. At least my sister Marisa adds enough cuteness so the picture isn't completely ruined!


Graduation from High School! Couldn't have gotten through it without sis! Love ya Becca! (I'm in graduation robes, Becca is in what we called the "Pink Penguin Suit". Concert Choir was doomed to wear them)






Vacation to White Sands-Spring break my senior year. I had soooooooooo much fun! I wasted my dad running one morning and totally left him in my dust! My track coach had just told me that I couldn't run the JV All-City meet because I was a senior so I was really bummed out about being done with track. So when I hit that moist morning air I was just powered up with endorphins and I couldn't get it all out fast enough and my poor dad had just driven late the night before and wasn't feeling so well. The one and only time I will probably ever beat my dad. We also did Carlsbad caverns-way cool. I think I want to be a spelunker when I grow up!
front to back: Cameron -white shirt, Debbie-red and yellow bandanna, Me -red shirt, Marisa-you can just see her little legs right under Debbie, Becca-blue and grey shirt, Stephanie-pink shirt.




Left to right: Me on top, Marisa, Stephanie, Debbie, Cameron, Becca, Dad


The last of the Merry-Go-Rounds in Albuquerque. The fall after we were married the city redid the park and they left out the merry go round in the new park plans. No more crazy spinning onthe Merry-Go-Rounds!


Wedding day! Best day of my life!


Eric talked me into a pedicure. I got one too! But my feet weren't near as picture worthy as Eric's.





Sweet Kallyn Rebecca. Next best day of my life!


And Sweet Allison Morgen. Another Best Day!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I love old pictures. What a fun post!

Kara said...

What a cute post! Those pics of you as a little girl look exactly like Kallyn, i can't get over it!

Kati said...

I remember the marry go rounds! Those were awesome! White sands looks sooo awesome!!!!