Tuesday, August 26, 2008

more crazy fun with Aunt Rebecca


Unfortunately the weather was wet nearly the entire time Becca was here. But we were more determined to visit the coast! So we set out the day before she left so we could see the ocean. We got a bit crazy as sisters tend to become after months of not seeing each other!

York Beach, Maine. They had a playground on the beach so while the rain let up for a few minutes we let the girls play on the wet toys. They loved spinning on the merry go round!




Allison's way of swinging/flying



My way of swinging/flying!



The day before our trip to the coast we were watching a video of Peter Pan, the musical. So here I am mimicking Peter in the "I'm Flying" song in the nursery! Like I said, we got a bit crazy! The girls thought I was so funny!




Kallyn decides to fly, too!





Then came the downpour of rain. We spent most of our day in the car watching the rain pour down the windshield.





Becca tried to grab a quick shot at a few beach guys!



Bug and the Beach ball, it didn't even get to see the beach:(





At Nubble light house. It's off the mainland a few feet on its own tiny island, but the tide is so violent up on the rocks that they have to use a tramway system to get across. Unfortunately this is a lighthouse that is not open to the public:(

I hope you trip was memorable and fun! We sure enjoyed having you here! The girls miss their "Anna Becca"

2 comments:

Camille said...

Hi Janalee- cousin Cami (Naylor) here! I just found the family website and saw your post about moving. It's nice to hear about and see pictures of your cute family. Your girls are so precious and I must say I love the New England homes and lighthouses in your pictures. Not sure I would want to settle there either. :) You can catch up on our family at camibennett.blogspot.com

Nick and Miriam said...

What fun family adventures! It is so fun to blog-hop, it is kind of like trasure hunting! I hope your move is going well!