Or maybe we are just moved out!! We got our deposit back from the other place today so it is officially behind us now. That chapter has closed. I'm sad for leaving such a beautiful place, but I'm so excited to be closer to Eric and to our other school friends!!!
A lot has happened in the last 2 1/2 weeks since I last blogged, so bear with me (or just skip this post if you already know how our moving experience went).
Our new place was a disaster!! After spending a day there cleaning the soles of our feet were black! I started mopping the best I could. It was so gross! I am convinced that I will NEVER have a hairy pet!! The previous tennants had at least one dog and I think 2 cats, or maybe it is the other way around. Regardless of how many pets they had they left the place covered in hair. Halfway through the dining room my hands began itching and turning red (I am alergic to cats). By the time I got home I was weezing and my lungs itched. I felt like taking a pipe cleaner and shoving down my throat to scratch the itch inside my chest. Usually it takes a lot of exposure to get that reaction. It sure makes me second guess our move! Jamie called to see how everything was going and not even 5 minutes later she showed up at my door with a mop, paper towels and trash bags!! Our feet now just get gray instead of black. Our rugs will hide the dirt after a while, right?
Packing was a disaster for me. I just can't get it done. I got most of our stuff in boxes before Becca left, but I was still having to feed and attempt somewhat of a normal routine for the girls. So I had no idea where to go for the day to day stuff. Jamie - gets my super hero of the year award- came over not once, not twice, not three times, but four times to help me pack and clean up the old house!!! My VT's also helped pack the kitchen. They were quite the duo! And Shannon even had her kids with her!!!! Thanks also to Laura for taking the kids for the afternoon! Shannon - thanks also super much for adopting my girls into your family for a whole day too!
After my dilemma with the bike races all day Saturday we changed our reservation for the U-haul which opened up an available truck for some friends of ours to move friday night with the truck we would have had. So in the end it all ended up so much better for everyone.
The Missionaries (Elder Dowling, Elder McGaeth, and Elder Fitzgerald) came for Lunch on Saturday and with the three of them and Eric we packed the first truck load in 1 hour. Eric took the truck to the new house where some friends from the ward met him to unpack. Then they all came back for the second load. As soon as they opened the truck the heavens opened and the rain came sheeting down. So I had 6 guys with muddy shoes drenching themselves and our stuff as they packed up the second load. The rain did not let up till the truck was empty and my newly scrubbed floors were mud soaked!
The power to the old house was shut off early so we had to clean most of the house with paper towels and a broom. Our water was pumped from a well so no power meant no water either:( It was quite a challenge! But our Landlord was so amazed at how clean we left the place!! Points for us!!!
Now 2 weeks later most of our boxes are unpacked and I am hoping that we will settle into a new routine soon. The girls LOVE the new house! We moved the old bed left in the master bedroom down the hallway (actually Miranda Anderson moved it and set it up for the girls! Talk about super powers! Thanx!) and they have been sleeping all night in their own bed together since we moved in!! They love the new room, the stairs, the 2 bathrooms and of course the ducks across the street!! We feed them every day!
So there's our adventure in one post! I wish I had pictures, but I neglected to think about capturing the chaos to blog for everyone to see! Sorry. But stay tuned! School starts with new adventures in one more week!!! Eric's busy with orientation next week where we will meet more families!! So excited for that!!! I'm so glad to not be a newbie anymore! Yet I can sympathize with the new student and hope for them that their moving experience is much better than mine!
5 comments:
It poured the night we moved into this house from Penacook. It was a disaster and on top of that they couldn't get certain things in certain doors so they would have to walk all the way around to the front or back. Needless to say our couch, beds etc. soaked! That sucks about your floors and I think we've all been shocked by the conditions the homes are left in or even rented back out in... yuck!
Janalee that sounds HORRIBLE! I'll have to tell you about our move to NH some time. It's nowhere near as bad as yours, but it too involves rain. I think it's just New England. I'm surprised your house was so dirty ... who knew? The B's seemed like clean people in public.
I HATE moving! We just moved to AZ and it is SOOO much work! Thankfully our house wasn't filled with cat and dog hair though, yuck! Your house is beautfiul though! Your girls are getting so big, I can see the difference in Allison especially. They are both so darn pretty! Well I hope things are going good for you guys, we miss you all!
Hey Janalee! I'm sorry you had a crazy moving experience!! That would be awful. I bet your neighbors are glad to have you guys as neighbors now though...and your landlord must be breathing a sigh of relief!
How are you guys doing? I was thinking about you guys the other day...and when Eric told me and Diana that he had told you he loved you. We were so stoked for you guys! Your family is beautiful!
I am so glad that you all got moved in safe and sound minus all the disasters. Reading the part about the missionaries makes me think of the first i had dinner with you all and the misisonaries were there and ready to teach, yet, they had just eaten(i think) so they didn't eat with us. Sad thing is i am not quite sure what we ate! Man i miss you so much! Love you all!
Post a Comment