
Stephanie and her BF Mitch. Their school prom was on Conference Saturday so they decided to have their own prom the week after so they could attend their meetings. I wish I had a full length picture of her dress, but it is exactly what I would have liked for the Barrister's Ball. Can you see that it is PURPLE?!!!!
During their evening they were in a car accident. Mitch made a left turn too late and they were hit on her side by a suburban. She and Mitch are OK, but I'm sure it was an awakening for both of them. Heavenly Father was looking out for them. Mitch's car had broken down and there was a miscommunication with the Mechanic shop b/c when they went to pick it up they were closed. My mom suggested that they use her car-a Mitsubishi Gallant. Because of the reinforced doors my sister and Mitch survived the crash. If they were in his tin foil car their chances of survival were slim. Stephanie was bruised a bit and had a few gashes from the glass (she can now have the "Harry Potter" nickname due to the zigzag gash on her forehead), but they are doing fine and moving on. I'm just going to miss that car! I experienced most of my driving in that car. I jumped the curb to kiss the church building once when I was parking for seminary early in the morning. It only cracked the plastic license plate frame. I'm glad that in all my stupidity of a teenager I never totaled the car so that it would be there for Stephanie when she needed it! We all know that I prefer to hug trees now.

Poor car! It was totaled so my mom gets a new car- she's looking for another Gallant.
PS My mom reported that she was able to get all the blood stains out of the dress!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment