We had our last summer fling on Thursday before school started. Some of the 2nd year students and their families invited us to the beach with them. We went to York Beach in Maine. I always wanted to go to Maine, the farthest east and north I've ever been. The water wasn't warm, but that didn't stop the girls from getting wet! Kallyn had a blast running away from all of the waves and Allison was content digging in the sand.
Here's our Bay Watch babes!!! Kallyn and her friend Kya had so much fun playing together. They are in Nursery together and Kallyn tells me that she can't wait to play with Kya again. They could be twins. They look so much alike with their blond curls and blue eyes and wild imaginations.

We've gotten through the first week of school and I think that Eric really enjoyed class for the first time in many semesters. It is a very different type of learning and he needs to develop different studying techniques in order to be most efficient in learning. He has made so many friends from school who all tell him that this year is going to be tuff, but you just have to stick with it. Yesterday he had all the guys from the ward that are students come over to our house for a game of paintball. Our landlord just had some of the trees cut down so there is running room in the backyard. I watched the kiddies and we watched them plaster themselves with paintballs. But they had a great time! It's a great way to vent all the stress of school in a short period of time, then go home and hit the books.

We've been given callings already, they'll sustain us next week when we give talks. Boy that's quick. I was hoping to have a while before compiling another talk. We just gave our farewell talks a month ago and unfortunately those topics are nothing similar to our new topics. We'll see how it goes!
1 comment:
I didn't know you guys were giving talks I can't wait! Let us know if you need the girls to sit with us.
Post a Comment