Friday, September 14, 2007

Backyard Fun








Our backyard is full of suprises!!! We found 2 frogs next to the house after we came home from the beach Labor Day. Kallyn loves looking for frogs.
This one was too big however and Kallyn did not want to catch it. She likes the smaller ones she can hold with just one hand.


Daddy caught it instead!






Then today we came home from a playgroup activity to find a snake out on the driveway warming up in the late morning sun.


I hope it's not harmful. I think it's just a plain garter snake or a ribbon snake. Actually I hope that it eats mice and has dinner tonight under our porch!! Eric says he saw a little mouse scitter into a hole next to the house right where the frog was playing. I've been told not to plant tulips because the mice eat the bulbs before they can grow.


I can't get a good picture of any spiders because they hide on plants that make their legs dissapear when I take a picture. But the legspan is as big as myhand. They mostly stay outdoors, but when we first moved in there were LOTS of spiders in the dungeon!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun that you get to show the girls all those creatures! Except for the huge spiders..that would freak me out.. Haha