

When Kallyn was a new born infant she was very colicky and sometimes the only way we could get her to calm down was to hop in the shower. For the first month it was the only way I could nurse her, too! She had the tendency to spit up EVERYTHING she ate immediately after she ate. So she would still be starving and I would be entirely empty. So I was irregularly engorged for the first month of nursing until her little tummy got used to working properly. But until then every time she nursed my milk would let down and I would become a fire hydrant of milk spraying with such pressure that even the nursing pads couldn't catch any of it! And, as soon as she was done on the one side she would immediately spew every ounce back up at me and make me smell like sour milk. So to avoid all the mess I would hop into the shower to nurse her.
Needless to say, Kallyn got used to taking showers very early in life. Then, because Kallyn was such an excellent big sister to Allison (always super willing to pick her up and hold her) I could never leave her alone as a baby. So if I wanted to shower, I had to put her (baby Allison) in the tub with me. So both my girls have rarely taken baths and now that they are older they really enjoy taking showers regularly.
1 comment:
Someone found Eric's cell phone and called Adam tonight. He has the info to get the phone back to ya! We tried calling Dane and Eric's Mom (with no answer). He posted to Eric's Facebook with the info :)
Post a Comment