Mommy started a baby afghan and Kallyn insisted on learning how to do it, too. I think I learned how to crochet when I was 6 or 7 and I struggled to get it at first. I didn't want to take the time to teach her thinking that she'd get frusterated and mad at me becuase it's too hard, but she really surprized me! I showed her once how to hold the yarn in her fingers and pull the hook through the loops and she hit the ground running. 9 feet of chain stitches later and she thinks she's ready to make a blanket like mommy, but she's fine waiting till I can show her how. So now our special project is "knitting" (she can't figure out how to say crochet) together in the evenings before bedtime.
4 comments:
Wow, way to go Kallyn! I think I was around 6 or 7 when I first learned how to crochet too. That's awesome that she can do it!
Kallyn, Grandma is soooo proud of you. It's fun isn't it. Keep up the great work.
That is amazing! I wouldn't even think to attempt teaching my 4 year old to crochet. That's great!
Go Kallyn!
Post a Comment