Monday, November 24, 2008

We Be Busy Bees!

So I realized that I haven't posted anything new in 3 weeks. We've been crazy busy and lovin life! I've been spending most of my allowed time on the computer collecting ideas for preschool. Many of Kallyn'a friends attend preschools in the area but I wasn't quite ready to send her off to school and I did not want to deal with the fiasco of finding a preschool close to home with little or no financial cost to us. But Kallyn wants to learn and busy herself with school just like daddy! Now that I'm over the morning sickness and it's way too cold to go outside I've decided to start preschool in my dining room. So for the last few weeks I've been reading books, collecting school supplies, searching for ideas on the Internet, and writing out weekly lesson plans. I was so amazed by the amount of information and resources I found on the Internet. So many homeschool moms have created websites where they keep all their collections and school ideas for newbies like me to discover and use! I've put a few good links on the side for any moms interested. So far, we've finished one successful week of preschool with both girls. Now I know why it was so easy for my mom to want to homeschool us! It is so addicting to watch your own kids learning and discovering new things! They begged for preschool all day today, but we've had errands and appointments all day and our day tomorrow will be just as crazy, so we've left it at the one week so far. We'll start up again next Monday since Eric won't have school Wednesday-Friday and we're going to make him PLAY!!!!!
Hope everyone is planning a splendid Thanksgiving Holiday! And I hope to get more posts up soon, with pics of the girls and their school projects!

1 comment:

Heather said...

That is exciting news for you. I love that you posted your links on the side. I might have to check them out because I struggle to teach Kimberli anything in a fun way.