It was "Mormon Night" for us. There is someone in one of the Mass. wards that purchases a block of seats as soon as the tickets go on sale and he redistributes them throughout the New England wards so that on this night you sit with a crowd of family friendly mormons instead of drunk sports fans with fowl mouths. It was quite an experience! I have NEVER seen such a crowded stadium-ever! I guess Fenway sells out for every game. But there were people EVERYWHERE!!!!! And the subway rush after the game overheated so many of the trains that we got kicked off ours and had to wait through 4 more trains going out of service in the same spot! It was quite the wait for a train that was runing decently to come by and pick us up! More like let us squish into the doors barely letting them close. But it was a very memorable evening for us. Kallyn asked why the trains and stations weren't as nice as the DC trains. We decided that it's because all the senators and congress members have to depend on the metro in DC so they have to be clean and nice!
Come on Eric! SMILE!!! It's Baseball!!
Much better!
The Andersons joined us at the game too. Eric and I got to enjoy nearly the entire game kid free!!!! And the behaved so well, too!! Thanks Dave and Miranda for humoring the girls!
Sweet Kallyn. Had to get proof she was actually in Fenway Park. The scoreboard behind her says it all!
I brought coloring books, crayons, paper, stickers, and toys for the girls. It didn't even last through the first inning. Dave and Miranda got there and the girls were so excited to sit with them that they forgot they were bored!
Little Bug rocking out the innings!
Our "Harry Potter" family portrait. There was another spectator that offered to take our picture and I forgot to change the settings back from taking Allisons video clip. So our family picture together at Fenway looks like a one of the moving photos from the Harry Potter movies.
5 comments:
How fun! In all the years we've lived here we've still never been! Tragic.
I am so glad you got to go. We went last summer and we've been hooked! We love the Red Sox now (don't tell Eric). We also saw them beat the White Sox. I love that stadium. There is so much team spirit and such a fun atmosphere!
Janalee!!! How fun! I am so glad you guys are doing cool things out there! My mom told me the good baby news! Congrats!
Ingrid
Wow, Kallyn looks just like you Janalee! Looks like you guys are having a great summer. It's funny...I've only seen Fenway Park in movies, and it somehow seems like this magical place that doesn't really exist. How fun to actually be there!
Heard the news---so excited! Jeremiah and I better get on the ball huh? :)
Post a Comment