Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Our Trip to the Big Apple

We had so much fun in NYC! We won an auction Eric's first year for 2 tickets to see Hairspray on Broadway NY. We decided to make it a family trip since we missed out on so much this summer since Eric was gone for so long. One of our friends moved to NYC after graduating last May, so we stayed with them and they watched the girls while we attempted our try at New York City. Saddly though the highlight of our Hairspray experience was the Olympic Gold Medal gymnast Nastia Liuken and her family that sat three rows in front of us! But I salvaged the Broadway Experience when I got to see... Drum Roll Please!.................... Wicked!!!!!!! We put 5 names (Me, Mike, Larisa, Eric, and Kallyn!) into the "hat" for the lottery and Larisa's name was drawn!!! So Larisa and I got to see "Wicked" on Broadway! Oh my gosh it is SUCH a great musical!! It has me convinced I need to read the book!


Unfortunatley we forgot the memory card for our camera, so we took a few pictures with Larisa's camera when she was with us. So here's what we have:








First day we went to Ground Zero where they are building the 9-11 memorial. This is just around the corner and down the street from Mike and Larisa's place. How cool is that? As you can tell from this next picture there was a LOT of security everywhere since many of the Gov. celebs (ie. senators, pres. candidates, etc) were "paying their respects" . How often do you see a proud gathering of police officers?















These two pics above and below are in front of the church where aparently the treasure was found underneath in the movie "National Treasure".












On the steps where Gearge Washington took the oath as the first US President.






Wall Street. I'm not exactly sure what this building is, but I see it on the news like everyday!








At the tip of Manhattan, just down the street from the Parson's apt.








Batterie Park, near the Parsons place. From this park you can see the Statue of Liberty and you can watch the ferry's come and go.
















Time Square.


It was raining all day and we had to manuever the stroller while holding the umbrella.


Oh so fun!


















Central Park with the city behind us.


I think if you look closely you can see the


Rockerfeller Center where Mike works, but honestly


I have no idea which building it is.











In Central park.


It made me want to break out in song and dance!














Outside of the GIANT FAO Schwarz toy store.


We got to play on the GIANT piano from the movie "Big".


This toy soldier got the girls to sing the itsy bitsy spider!


So cute!










Our Crew! Kallyn, Me holding Allison, Eric,


Mike, Adam, and Paige in the stroller.


Larisa was taking the picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My advice is not to read the book "Wicked", it is very dirty. I read it and regret it.

Jan said...

Thanks grandma, I appreciate your advice!