I just visited one of the LDS music sites (free music downloads) I used to frequent (back when I played the piano regularly) and I found that he started charging $ to download the sheet music! I feel so let down! I understand that it's tough to be a musician these days, but I fell in love with this sight because the composer believed that by offering his music to the public for free he was sharing his testimony with the world. His music is still quite cheap, but I feel like he's stooped to the worldly ways of some other LDS composers that charge an arm and a leg for their music. He at least gives you the permission to make as many copies of the music as you want, but still, I'm so sad that he feels like he has to rely on money to show his status in the music world/industry!
All I can say is way to go Sally DeFord and Craig Petrie for hanging in there and sorry Aaron for giving up so fast! I may stop by again when I am no longer in the poor student phase of life. For all those music friends of mine, if you haven't happened upon them yet, here are the websites for free LDS sheet music:
Sally DeFord
Craig Petrie
2 comments:
That is a bummer! Since he's not charging that much, like you say, maybe that means he has reasons for charging other than worldly ones, like maintaining the site or something? Who knows? It's always a bummer when stuff is no longer free!
Sorry girl!
I love your background!!
Post a Comment