Sunday, October 14, 2007

Here's the story...

I had to pick up Eric from school at 3:00 but Allison was tired and falling asleep. So I put her in the car at 2:30 and took my time getting Kallyn into the car. So I'm leaving with plenty of time to get to the school by 3:00, Allison was asleep and I was taking my time for once. Before i got into the car I double checked the carseats to make sure they were tight. Just after I drove out of the driveway Allison started crying. So I'm thinking she lost her binki, kallyn stole her blanket, kallyn's kicking her carseat, hitting her, making faces... Anything is possible with those two. So I, being in mommy mode, looked back to assess the situation. Just as I turned to look forward I saw a tree and BOOM! The road turned and I kept going straight. I tried to turn to steering wheel, but I think that I turned it just as I hit the tree. Because my left arm was under the airbag I had some burns from it deploying. Also my right arm pushed passed the steering wheel while my hand tried to hold on. I also had a friction burn from the seatbelt on my neck. Other than that we walked away. Kallyn was a little traumatized, but she's over it now. Especially since we got her a new carseat and replaced the car. She loves to tel the story. She says "Mommy bumped into a tree and killed it really bad and the car is very very broken". She had x-rays taken of her neck just to be sure that she and Allison were alright. She held so still the technitions were so surprised that she was soooo calm and very curious. I am just so grateful that we were all alright and our neighbors were there to help us. We are very blessed!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Wow Jan! Thank goodness everybody's okay. And hey, you got a sweet new ride out of it, so that's pretty cool! :) We miss you guys too! Love getting updates on your blog though, it's so easy to keep in touch this way, I love it! We need to get Carrie addicted! I doubt Patty will...haha

Bella said...

Hey Janalee! Your family is adorable!! Little replica's of you! Sorry to hear the latest on the van, but luckily everyone's okay! Darn tree, getting in your way. How are you liking NH? How much longer does he have to go? Tell Ingrid we say hi! Haven't talked to her in forever!