


The Washington Memorial Bridge. We drove over this bridge at 5 AM when we moved out here. Just above the left side of the bridge is National Harbor which we have yet to explore, but we have heard that Disney bought property to build a resort. How fun!!

The picture above is looking North. We can see the capital!!! As you can see below, it is a zoomed in picture. You may have to open the picture to be able to see. But up on the roof you can see the capital and the monuments. We've been told it's a spectacular view for the fireworks on the 4th of July! And the next weekend we get a front row seat to the Fireworks right here of the river!
The night views are awesome also!!! In the one below you can see the capitol building in the center all aglow! And in the next one is the National Harbor with all the lights luring in the visitors.
One afternoon we had a HUGE thunderstorm blow in. It was spectacular!!!!! We watched it rolling in, then witnessed the opening of the floodgates as the rain poured down and obscured any visibility, then it slowly drifted out leaving the sky a soft, pale purple above the glowing capital. It was stunning!





3 comments:
YAY! I can't wait to see you all in a week! I can't wait to get some gorgeous pictures! What is that river called? We shall do all those things you want to do like the National Harbor. We should look at the national Cathedral and the temple and everything we can in a few days! I want to explore and of course i will help with the girls! :)
Such beautiful pictures. I love watching the sky change.
Love the pics! I didn't know you guys were in the area. We should meet up sometime! We are in Fairfax. Email me and we can get together teenytay@gmail.com
Post a Comment