I am a Stay At Home Mom and most of the time I really enjoy it. But lately I have had a few days that seem to wear me down to the point of.. well, like all moms, I felt overwhelmed and near my breaking point. In a near melt down after my hopeless attempts at having Family Home Evening like we're supposed to, Eric talked some sense into me that I thought that I would share with anyone who needs a shred of advice for times similar to mine today. I had this idea for a behavior modification system that stemmed from a book I borrowed from the Library and I spent most of my day creating the perfect chart for Kallyn, complete with cheesy clip art pictures that I thought would help her to understand our expectations of her. Sad story short-FHE flopped and I blamed Eric for his lack of support. Seriously! Like he has a hard life! (note the sarcasm) After tossing my hands up and storming off Eric cornered me and gave it to me good. He brought me to see the situation in a different light and not like "see it from my point of veiw", but it was a "DUH!" moment for me that really got me to understand my role in the family. He told me that I am their mother and as such I have NO right to be pessimistic!
I've always known that the mood of the home is influenced by the mom's mood and attitude, but here is the simple truth: Mom's have no right to be pessimistic! We gave it up the moment we became mothers and only with optimism and a bright hope for the future for our families are our children going to feed off of positivism and be inspired to try and work hard to accomplish in this life. So there you have it. SAHM I am and I will love it and be positive and optimistic about EVERYTHING that has anything to do with my SAHM career!
1 comment:
Wow, I never thought of it that way. But it makes sense. You rock and you and Eric look like you're doing great and loving life! Where are you guys nowadays?
-anna (tucker) allred
Post a Comment